The woodchippers course from H&W training is suitable for anyone employed in arboriculture, forestry, gardening, horticulture or landscaping that are required to operate a woodchipper. This course provides the knowledge and skill requirements for candidates to be assessed on NPTC woodchippers certificate of competence.
This course involves:
- Risk Assessment
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Pre-use checks
- Safety Features
- Routine checks and maintenance
- Cutter and anvil checks
- Start machine and carry out safety checks
- Preparation of site, machine and materials
- Operation of woodchipper
- Unblocking woodchipper
- End uses of woodchip
- Cleaning, transport and storage
£220.00 + Vat per person
- Modern Apprenticeships (MA) – working for you from day one apprentices gain the skills you need to increase productivity. SDS will make a contribution to training costs and a learning provider can organise the training for you if required.
- Employer Recruitment Incentive (ERI) – employers get an incentive of up to £2,000 –depending on criteria – to take on a Modern Apprentice who has had a barrier to employment in the past or is unemployed.
- Flexible Training Opportunities (FTO) – businesses with existing staff of up to 150 employees can get up to 50% of training costs reimbursed up to a maximum of £5000 for 10 training episodes. FTOs aim to help smaller firms weather the recession.
- Low Carbon Skills Fund – Businesses who train their staff in carbon reduction and energy efficiency, can access up to £500 each towards a maximum of 25 training experiences
NPTC / City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Manually Fed Woodchipper Unit 222