First Aid At Work Course
The First Aid at Work course and qualification from H&W Training is aligned to the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981, Health and Safety Executive (HSE), which were revised on 1st October 2009. These Regulations require that, in order to provide first aid to employees who are injured or become ill whilst at work, employers must have suitably qualified people, equipment and facilities. Dates on request.
This course will educate you on:
- First Aid Priorities
- Managing Incidents
- Basic Life Support
- Examination of a Casualty
- Control of Bleeding
- Burns and Scalds
- Common Illnesses
- Heart Attacks
- Eye Injuries
- Recording and Reporting
- First Aid Kits
Learners must meet the minimum age restriction of 19 years.
The course is run over 3 days, including the final assessment.
Please contact us for more information.
- Modern Apprenticeships (MA) – working for you from day one apprentices gain the skills you need to increase productivity. SDS will make a contribution to training costs and a learning provider can organise the training for you if required.
- Employer Recruitment Incentive (ERI) – employers get an incentive of up to £2,000 –depending on criteria – to take on a Modern Apprentice who has had a barrier to employment in the past or is unemployed.
- Flexible Training Opportunities (FTO) – businesses with existing staff of up to 150 employees can get up to 50% of training costs reimbursed up to a maximum of £5000 for 10 training episodes. FTOs aim to help smaller firms weather the recession.
- Low Carbon Skills Fund – Businesses who train their staff in carbon reduction and energy efficiency, can access up to £500 each towards a maximum of 25 training experiences
Upon successful completion of the course your certification is valid for 3 years.