Felling and Processing Trees over 380mm (Unit 301 / CS32)
NPTC Level 3 Award in Felling and Processing Trees (CS32 chainsaw course) unit covers trees whose diameter at felling height is over 380mm. The course will help you to identify and understand risk assessments and emergency procedures on the work site to help promote knowledge of health and safety legislations and industry good practice.
From taking this course you will be able to fell trees and process over 380mm, remove branches on felled trees and be able to deal with taking down hung up trees and will learn:
- Site safety and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Environmental and legal requirements
- Felling, delimbing and snedding trees up to 760mm in diameter
- Takedown of hung up trees using hand winches
- Conversion and cross-cutting
- Use of felling and timber handling aid tools
- 201 (CS30.1)
- 202 (CS30.2)
- 203 (CS31)
3 days training (integrated assessment).
£500.00 + Vat per person
- Modern Apprenticeships (MA) – working for you from day one apprentices gain the skills you need to increase productivity. SDS will make a contribution to training costs and a learning provider can organise the training for you if required.
- Employer Recruitment Incentive (ERI) – employers get an incentive of up to £2,000 –depending on criteria – to take on a Modern Apprentice who has had a barrier to employment in the past or is unemployed.
- Flexible Training Opportunities (FTO) – businesses with existing staff of up to 150 employees can get up to 50% of training costs reimbursed up to a maximum of £5000 for 10 training episodes. FTOs aim to help smaller firms weather the recession.
- Low Carbon Skills Fund – Businesses who train their staff in carbon reduction and energy efficiency, can access up to £500 each towards a maximum of 25 training experiences
City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Award in Felling and Processing Trees over 380mm – NPTC Unit 301 (Formerly CS32)