Hedge Trimmer Training
Hand held hedge trimmer training courses from H&W Training are suitable for anybody wishing to work or currently working in the horticulture, landscaping and grounds maintenance industries, or those using hand held hedge trimmers for any business, domestic or leisure activities.
This course will teach you how to:
- Prepare a hand held or tractor mounted hedge trimmer for operation safely
- Identify the key controls on the machine and their function
- Identify the risks of the operation and check the work site for hazards
- Carry out routine maintenance on a hand held or tractor mounted hedge trimmer
- Operate a hand held tractor mounted powered hedge trimmer, working competently using correct tools and equipment safely and observing all relevant health and safety legislation
- Knowledge and understanding required, relating to personal protective equipment (PPE), legislation and safety
- Knowledge and understanding related to the maintenance of hedgerows
The course is run over 2 days and is available for a maximum of up to 6 people per course, with the NPTC Assessment on day 2.
£220.00 + Vat
- Modern Apprenticeships (MA) – working for you from day one apprentices gain the skills you need to increase productivity. SDS will make a contribution to training costs and a learning provider can organise the training for you if required.
- Employer Recruitment Incentive (ERI) – employers get an incentive of up to £2,000 –depending on criteria – to take on a Modern Apprentice who has had a barrier to employment in the past or is unemployed.
- Flexible Training Opportunities (FTO) – businesses with existing staff of up to 150 employees can get up to 50% of training costs reimbursed up to a maximum of £5000 for 10 training episodes. FTOs aim to help smaller firms weather the recession.
- Low Carbon Skills Fund – Businesses who train their staff in carbon reduction and energy efficiency, can access up to £500 each towards a maximum of 25 training experiences
Upon successful completion of this course, NPTC assessment is available for all candidates if required.