Arboriculture Pruning Operations
Arboriculture pruning operations training course (NTPC unit 307) covers aerial pruning operations and looks at crown thinning, crown pruning, crown reduction and pollarding.
Contact Us to Register your Interest
Various pruning equipment will be looked at as well as the reasons for targeting pruning and management techniques.
- Introduction Ability to carry out crown reduction operations safely and efficiently
- Awareness of the safety considerations to be observed in organising the work site
- Understanding of the theory of crown thinning and reduction
- Understanding of the types of pruning and use
- Validation of Risk Assessment for course
Candidates will also need prior knowledge and be able to identify slow growing and fast growing species and what impact this has on pruning. All equipment and safety clothing (PPE) can be provided for candidates as required, simply contact us to arrange this. If you would like to use your own climbing equipment, it will be at the discretion of the Tutor and must have all the current LOLER certificates.
- Unit 201 (CS 30.1)
- Unit 202 (CS 30.2)
- Unit 203 (CS 31)
- Unit 206 (CS 38 Basic Climbing)
- Unit 306 (CS38 Aerial Rescue)
- Unit 308 (CS 39)
2 days training | 1 day assessment
£350.00 + Vat per person
- Modern Apprenticeships (MA) – working for you from day one apprentices gain the skills you need to increase productivity. SDS will make a contribution to training costs and a learning provider can organise the training for you if required.
- Employer Recruitment Incentive (ERI) – employers get an incentive of up to £2,000 –depending on criteria – to take on a Modern Apprentice who has had a barrier to employment in the past or is unemployed.
- Flexible Training Opportunities (FTO) – businesses with existing staff of up to 150 employees can get up to 50% of training costs reimbursed up to a maximum of £5000 for 10 training episodes. FTOs aim to help smaller firms weather the recession.
- Low Carbon Skills Fund – Businesses who train their staff in carbon reduction and energy efficiency, can access up to £500 each towards a maximum of 25 training experiences
NPTC/City & Guilds Level 3 unit 307