Brushcutter and Strimmer Training
The Brushcutter and Strimmer training courses from H&W Training are suitable for people who wish to work, or are currently working in, the agricultural, horticultural, arboricultural, landscaping and grounds maintenance industries, or those using strimmers or brushcutters for domestic and leisure activities.
This course involves:
- Maintenance (engine, drive system and gearhead)
- Selecting the appropriate cutting head
- Maintaining and fitting the cutting head
- Correct personal protective clothing
- Adjusting the machine and harness
- Inspecting the site and identifying hazards
- Environmental considerations
- Starting the machine
- Cutting a test area
- After-care and safe transportation
This training course with integrated NPTC assessment is run over 1 day and is available for a maximum of up to 4 people per course.
£250.00 + Vat
- Modern Apprenticeships (MA) – working for you from day one apprentices gain the skills you need to increase productivity. SDS will make a contribution to training costs and a learning provider can organise the training for you if required.
- Employer Recruitment Incentive (ERI) – employers get an incentive of up to £2,000 –depending on criteria – to take on a Modern Apprentice who has had a barrier to employment in the past or is unemployed.
- Flexible Training Opportunities (FTO) – businesses with existing staff of up to 150 employees can get up to 50% of training costs reimbursed up to a maximum of £5000 for 10 training episodes. FTOs aim to help smaller firms weather the recession.
- Low Carbon Skills Fund – Businesses who train their staff in carbon reduction and energy efficiency, can access up to £500 each towards a maximum of 25 training experiences
Upon successful completion of this course, NPTC assessment is available for all candidates if required.