Assisted Tree Felling Course
The assisted felling training course from H&W is an advanced course for experienced operators of chainsaws. The course will involve the felling and processing of trees with an overall diameter at felling height above and below 380mm (15 inches).
This course covers the use of winches and rope systems to assist with the felling of trees as well as the following areas:
- Risk assessment
- Personal protective equipment
- Felling safely and accurately large or difficult trees over one times guidebar length
- Use of a winch* for directional felling
- Sned or delimb trees to specified standards of safety and quality
*Winch may be a hand winch or tractor mounted
- 201 (CS30.1)
- 202 (CS30 (CS31)
2 days training | 1 day assessment
£450.00 + Vat per Person
- Modern Apprenticeships (MA) – working for you from day one apprentices gain the skills you need to increase productivity. SDS will make a contribution to training costs and a learning provider can organise the training for you if required.
- Employer Recruitment Incentive (ERI) – employers get an incentive of up to £2,000 –depending on criteria – to take on a Modern Apprentice who has had a barrier to employment in the past or is unemployed.
- Flexible Training Opportunities (FTO) – businesses with existing staff of up to 150 employees can get up to 50% of training costs reimbursed up to a maximum of £5000 for 10 training episodes. FTOs aim to help smaller firms weather the recession.
- Low Carbon Skills Fund – Businesses who train their staff in carbon reduction and energy efficiency, can access up to £500 each towards a maximum of 25 training experiences
Assisted Felling operation Unit 303