Off Road Driving Course
The LANTRA off road vehicle operating (4×4) course is suitable for any candidate who is or will be required to operate a 4×4 vehicle in an off-road environment for or at their place of work.
If you have any learning needs, please contact 01387 710557 or email@example.com prior to attending your course to discuss reasonable adjustments that can be made.
Training is a legal requirement if you drive off-road for business purposes. The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER) require employers to provide adequate training and to ensure that vehicles are driven by employees who have received the appropriate training in their safe use. If you are self-employed, the regulations still apply. This course will teach you:
- Vehicle knowledge
- Emergency procedures, including jacking
- Pre-start checks and vehicle preparation
- Correct move-off and driving procedures
- Use of 4-wheel drive and other traction aids
- Vehicle positioning and route planning
- Driving in a variety of off-road situations
- Check prior to returning to the road
The course is run over 1 day (including assessment) for a maximum of up to 3 people per course.
All trainees must be able to demonstrate that they are competent in driving normal vehicles in a road situation and hold a current driving licence.
Price on request.
- Modern Apprenticeships (MA) – working for you from day one apprentices gain the skills you need to increase productivity. SDS will make a contribution to training costs and a learning provider can organise the training for you if required.
- Employer Recruitment Incentive (ERI) – employers get an incentive of up to £2,000 –depending on criteria – to take on a Modern Apprentice who has had a barrier to employment in the past or is unemployed.
- Flexible Training Opportunities (FTO) – businesses with existing staff of up to 150 employees can get up to 50% of training costs reimbursed up to a maximum of £5000 for 10 training episodes. FTOs aim to help smaller firms weather the recession.
- Low Carbon Skills Fund – Businesses who train their staff in carbon reduction and energy efficiency, can access up to £500 each towards a maximum of 25 training experiences
An individual assessment will be carried out and those reaching the required standard will receive the nationally recognised LANTRA certificate.