Power Pole Pruners Course
Power pole pruners course (experienced chainsaw operatives) – NPTC unit 205 (formerly CS48) is for anyone who is employed in arboriculture, forestry, horticulture, landscaping and grounds maintenance who is, or will be required to operate powered pole pruners. Candidates who are inexperienced may need longer than the stated time to fully understand the information given.
Contact Us to Register your Interest
The course provides the knowledge and skills required for candidates to be assessed on NPTC “Power Pole Pruner ” (NPTC CS48) certificate of competence.
- Introduction Risk Assessment
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Pre-use checks
- Safety Features Routine checks and maintenance
- Start machine and carry out safety checks
- Preparation of site, machine and materials
- Operation of Powered Pole Pruner
- Cleaning, transport and storage
- CS30 (Third day can be arranged (potentially) for inexperienced operative that do not hold CS30 (increases cost to £325); call to discuss.
1 days training | 1 days assessment
£270.00 + Vat per person
CS30 (Third day can be arranged (potentially) for inexperienced operative that do not hold CS30 (increases cost to £325); call to discuss.
- Modern Apprenticeships (MA) – working for you from day one apprentices gain the skills you need to increase productivity. SDS will make a contribution to training costs and a learning provider can organise the training for you if required.
- Employer Recruitment Incentive (ERI) – employers get an incentive of up to £2,000 –depending on criteria – to take on a Modern Apprentice who has had a barrier to employment in the past or is unemployed.
- Flexible Training Opportunities (FTO) – businesses with existing staff of up to 150 employees can get up to 50% of training costs reimbursed up to a maximum of £5000 for 10 training episodes. FTOs aim to help smaller firms weather the recession.
- Low Carbon Skills Fund – Businesses who train their staff in carbon reduction and energy efficiency, can access up to £500 each towards a maximum of 25 training experiences
NPTC/City & Guilds Motor Manual Pole Pruner NPTC UNIT 205