Arboriculture Dismantling Techniques
Arboriculture dismantling techniques (NPTC unit 309) was formerly the CS41 training course from H&W Training. This unit will explain how to properly evaluate trees for hazards, as well as performing an assessment of working at height. This will then help to identify the correct selection of rigging equipment to be used and the safe removal of tree sections using the suitable rigging and appropriate cuts.
- Introduction and identification of alternative lowering/rigging equipment
- Branch and stem timber removal from the crown
- Planning of operations Review of chainsaw handling and starting techniques in the tree
- Safe removal of lowered timber/branches that have got caught up in the crown
- Setting lowering and pulling lines in the crown in conjunction with the ground crew
- Use of climbing equipment and tree access aids
- Use of various false crotches, pulleys and friction lowering devices
- Unit 201 (CS 30.1)
- Unit 202 (CS 30.2)
- Unit 203 (CS 31)
- Unit 206 (CS 38 Basic Climbing)
- Unit 306 (CS38 Aerial Rescue)
- Unit 308 (CS 39)
4 days training | 1 day assessment
£700.00 + Vat
This price includes all rigging equipment and assessment.
- Modern Apprenticeships (MA) – working for you from day one apprentices gain the skills you need to increase productivity. SDS will make a contribution to training costs and a learning provider can organise the training for you if required.
- Employer Recruitment Incentive (ERI) – employers get an incentive of up to £2,000 –depending on criteria – to take on a Modern Apprentice who has had a barrier to employment in the past or is unemployed.
- Flexible Training Opportunities (FTO) – businesses with existing staff of up to 150 employees can get up to 50% of training costs reimbursed up to a maximum of £5000 for 10 training episodes. FTOs aim to help smaller firms weather the recession.
- Low Carbon Skills Fund – Businesses who train their staff in carbon reduction and energy efficiency, can access up to £500 each towards a maximum of 25 training experiences
NPTC/City & Guilds Level 3 unit 309