Use of a Chainsaw from a Rope and Harness Course (Unit 308 / CS39)
Having successfully achieved NPTC 201, 202, 203, 206, 306 the Use of a Chainsaw from a Rope and Harness course will provide practical experience of aerial cutting of trees using free fall techniques as well as the relevant health and safety legislation and industry good practice.
All equipment and safety clothing (PPE) can be provided for candidates as required, simply contact us to arrange this. If you would like to use your own climbing equipment, it will be at the discretion of the tutor and must have the current LOLER certificates.
This course will teach you:
- Cold / hot starting techniques
- General saw handling
- How to free a trapped saw PPE
- Prepare chainsaw for use
- Sending saw aloft
- Target pruning
- Use of chainsaw from rope and harness to remove medium sized lateral branches
- Use of sling
- Unit 201 (CS30.1)
- Unit 202 (CS30.2)
- Unit 203 (CS31)
- Unit 206 (CS38 – Tree climbing)
- Unit 306 (CS38 – Aerial rescue)
- Unit 308 is compulsory if you intend to use top handled saws
2 days training | 1 day assessment
£470.00 + Vat per person
- Modern Apprenticeships (MA) – working for you from day one apprentices gain the skills you need to increase productivity. SDS will make a contribution to training costs and a learning provider can organise the training for you if required.
- Employer Recruitment Incentive (ERI) – employers get an incentive of up to £2,000 –depending on criteria – to take on a Modern Apprentice who has had a barrier to employment in the past or is unemployed.
- Flexible Training Opportunities (FTO) – businesses with existing staff of up to 150 employees can get up to 50% of training costs reimbursed up to a maximum of £5000 for 10 training episodes. FTOs aim to help smaller firms weather the recession.
- Low Carbon Skills Fund – Businesses who train their staff in carbon reduction and energy efficiency, can access up to £500 each towards a maximum of 25 training experiences
NPTC/City & Guilds Award Level 2 Unit 308 – Use of a Chainsaw from a rope and harness