Trailer Driving Course
The H&W LANTRA trailer handling course is suitable for people both looking to wishing to satisfy health & safety legislation regarding ‘Safe Use of Trailers at Work’, and/or simply those looking update their skills for day to day trailer towing (e.g. for towing horse boxes, woodchippers etc).
Contact Us to Register your Interest
The basic trailer handling course covers the following:
- Legal requirements for use of a road trailer
- The main causes of accidents
- Towing vehicle and trailer combinations and set-up
- Essential vehicle and trailer safety checks
- Correct coupling and un-coupling procedures
- Loading and nose weight checks
- Vehicle/trailer stability and security
- Handling techniques including reversing
- Assessment of individual performance and feedback
This course is also suitable for anyone required to take the trailer test for towing on the road, and to tow trailers off-road as part of their work.
This course is run over 1 day (including assessment) for a maximum of up to 4 people per course. A 2 day course is also available which combines both basic and off-road trailer towing training.
Please contact us for more information
FUNDING OPTIONS :
- Modern Apprenticeships (MA) – working for you from day one apprentices gain the skills you need to increase productivity. SDS will make a contribution to training costs and a learning provider can organise the training for you if required.
- Employer Recruitment Incentive (ERI) – employers get an incentive of up to £2,000 –depending on criteria – to take on a Modern Apprentice who has had a barrier to employment in the past or is unemployed.
- Flexible Training Opportunities (FTO) – businesses with existing staff of up to 150 employees can get up to 50% of training costs reimbursed up to a maximum of £5000 for 10 training episodes. FTOs aim to help smaller firms weather the recession.
- Low Carbon Skills Fund – Businesses who train their staff in carbon reduction and energy efficiency, can access up to £500 each towards a maximum of 25 training experiences