Tractor Driving Course
The tractor driving & maintenance courses from H&W training are suitable for farmers, forestry workers and other staff and employees that drive a tractor as part of their job. Tractors are very versatile vehicles with a wide variety of uses, for business and more recreational users.
Contact Us to Register your Interest
The ever-widening range of types and attachments now available makes tractors even more flexible and effective tools in land-based industries.
Performing maintenance to the standard of the manufacturers instruction manual, ensuring the tractor is in a safe road-going state, is of paramount performance. However, even the most experienced tractor drivers regularly need to update their knowledge and skills to get the best out of new machinery. Serious accidents can and do occur without proper training. The H&W tractir course covers:
- Pre-use safety checks
- Identify and explain use of instruments and controls
- Demonstrate knowledge of potential hazards
- Drive tractor and trailer
- Attach a PTO driven machine and fit a PTO shaft
- Identify factors to consider when cleaning and inspecting the tractor
Please contact us for information.
- Modern Apprenticeships (MA) – working for you from day one apprentices gain the skills you need to increase productivity. SDS will make a contribution to training costs and a learning provider can organise the training for you if required.
- Employer Recruitment Incentive (ERI) – employers get an incentive of up to £2,000 –depending on criteria – to take on a Modern Apprentice who has had a barrier to employment in the past or is unemployed.
- Flexible Training Opportunities (FTO) – businesses with existing staff of up to 150 employees can get up to 50% of training costs reimbursed up to a maximum of £5000 for 10 training episodes. FTOs aim to help smaller firms weather the recession.
- Low Carbon Skills Fund – Businesses who train their staff in carbon reduction and energy efficiency, can access up to £500 each towards a maximum of 25 training experiences
NPTC Certificate of Competence