Forestry Forwarder Training
Forwarder course from H&W Training covers machine maintenance and handling and prepares candidates for assessment to NPTC FMO3 Forwarder (specific units only – please ask for details).
This course will teach you how to:
- Carry out pre-start checks and routine maintenance.
- Carry out a risk assessment and site appraisal.
- Operate a forwarder in a safe and effective manner
- Drive the machine on a variety of terrains as available on site
- Demonstrate knowledge of traction aids (chains and band tracks)
The course is run over 5 days (arranged to suit your individual requirements).
- Modern Apprenticeships (MA) – working for you from day one apprentices gain the skills you need to increase productivity. SDS will make a contribution to training costs and a learning provider can organise the training for you if required.
- Employer Recruitment Incentive (ERI) – employers get an incentive of up to £2,000 –depending on criteria – to take on a Modern Apprentice who has had a barrier to employment in the past or is unemployed.
- Flexible Training Opportunities (FTO) – businesses with existing staff of up to 150 employees can get up to 50% of training costs reimbursed up to a maximum of £5000 for 10 training episodes. FTOs aim to help smaller firms weather the recession.
- Low Carbon Skills Fund – Businesses who train their staff in carbon reduction and energy efficiency, can access up to £500 each towards a maximum of 25 training experiences
NPTC FMO3 assessment takes place on a separate day, usually a couple of weeks after training, depending on assessor availability and candidate ability.